LOOKING FOR AN ARTICLE PUBLISHED IN THE OAKLAND TRIBUNE?
An online archive of articles is available for search at www.insidebayarea.com
The online archive only goes back to October 2001. If you are looking for articles published before then you will need to view the microfilm at a local public library.
Please visit the library’s website or call ahead to make sure the date you are looking for is available:
- Oakland Public Library, 124 14th St., Oakland, CA 94612; (510) 238-3176 http://www.oaklandlibrary.org/
- Berkeley Public Library, 2090 Kittredge St., Berkeley, CA 94704; (510) 981-6148 http://www.berkeleypubliclibrary.org/
- Doe Library, 40 Doe Library, Berkeley, CA 94720; (510) 642-2975 http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/doemoff/
- Cal State University East Bay, 25800 Carlos Bee Blvd., Hayward, CA 94542; (510) 885-3000 http://library.csueastbay.edu/
- Alameda County Library, San Lorenzo Branch, 395 Paseo Grande, San Lorenzo, CA; (510) 670-6283 http://www.aclibrary.org/
- California State Library, California History Room, 900 N. St., Sacramento, CA 95814; (916) 654-0176 http://www.library.ca.gov/calhist/index.html
Paid obituaries published in any Bay Area News Group paper are archived at www.legacy.com for one year. After one year, obituaries are available through microfilm at the public library.
Those looking for an obituary published in the Oakland Tribune are asked to contact the Oakland Public Library’s Magazine and Newspaper Room who offer a paid obituary search.
LOOKING TO GET PERMISSION?
You must request permission to reprint or reproduce any article or photograph created by the Bay Area News Group.
ARTICLE REPRINTS for the Bay Area News Group or www.insidebayarea.com are handled by the YGS Group at 1-888-414-4534.
Other permissions are handled by the Copyright Clearance Center. Permission is needed to do things such as:
- Photocopy articles for academic coursepacks and classroom handouts
- Use articles in e-mail, intranet/extranet/Internet postings
- Republish articles into a book, journal, or newsletter.
To obtain instant permission to use content, go to www.copyright.com and click on Find Title or call Copyright Clearance Center at (978) 750-8400.
For article and headline reuse in television and film, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Museums looking to reproduce articles, news pages or photos should also contact Veronica Martinez directly.
For commercial photo reuse, please call (925) 943-8358.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?